Thursday, October 28, 2010

PROTESTS AGAIN MOLESTATION IN PALHALAN

Srinagar, Oct 28 (Only Kashmir): After remaining under continued curfew for a month, the residents of Palhalan in Pattan witnessed molestation and an attempt to rape two women by policemen. Police and paramilitary personnel who barged into the house of one Ghulam Rasool Sheikh at Raipora Palhallan, smashed windows and doors and beat up the inmates and ransacked the house goods, the locals said. Sheikh’s son, Sajad Ahmad told media men that a police party led by SDPO and SHO of Pattan without any provocation forcibly entered their house.
“To save me from police my mother forced me to leave the house from the rare side. After hearing the screams of my mother and sister, I along with my neighbours came rushing to my house. I saw my mother and sister lying on the ground with policemen beating them ruthlessly,” he said.
Sajad said that had his father not been there, the policemen would have outraged the modesty of his mother and sister. “My father received police thrashing while protecting the chastity of my sister. He covered her and got fractures in arm and his right foot. Policemen were trying to take my sister to the nearby Special Operations Group Camp,” said wailing, Sajad.
Sajad’s 25-year-old sister is in deep shock. “Everything is lost,” she cried and fell unconscious. Sajad’s wailing mother sitting besides her daughter is unwilling to talk. “Police have destroyed our family,” she said after much persuasion.
Sajad said police broke everything that came their way. “Damage to the property is not the worry, but the molestation and attempt to rape is humiliating,” Sajjad said.
Hundreds of people staged protests against the police and paramilitary personnel for abusing and beating women

0 comments:

  © Thanks for visiting Only Kashmir

Back to TOP